Making Caring Common’s Youth Advisory Board is a diverse group of young people from across the country who are committed to making schools more caring and respectful places through everyday interactions. The Youth Advisory Board helps us understand and devise solutions to the most pressing moral issues and social challenges of their peer group, such as bullying and exclusion. They give us feedback on our ideas, share their thoughts on current events, and make sure we’re on the right track when communicating information to young people.
Members of the Youth Advisory Board serve one-year terms. Participants will develop leadership, organizing and other career-related skills. At the completion of their term participants will receive a certificate of service from Harvard and a small stipend.
We are looking for young people with the following characteristics:
- Passion for making their school and community more kind and inclusive
- Creativity about ways to connect with young people
- Ability to inspire other youth and adults to action
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the following values: caring, responsibility toward others, and justice
We are particularly interested in including young people who are not typically identified as leaders in their schools, those who may be socially marginalized, and those who represent minority groups within their school community.
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 12 at 11:59pm ET.